11/18/10

Daybreak by the Lake


Today is my last day in Louisiana for a while (going home to take care of some business - including Holly, Harrison, and Hannah  business) so this morning I grabbed my lawn chair, Bible, journal, and pen, and headed to the lake.  As I watched the birds soaring and diving in the rising sun - I had a lot of random thoughts:


"What would it be like to be watching the eastern sky
and get to see Jesus coming on a cloud of glory. 
 I can only imagine."
 At that time they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. (Luke 21:26-28)


"If eagles soar on thermal currents, how much more 
can we soar on God's currents of love, grace, goodness, forgiveness, blessings, favor, power.... "
 those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles...  (Isaiah 40:30-31)


"What is so peaceful and refreshing about being in the first light of the day, beside a body of water?"  
His compassions never fail
- they are new every morning...
 (Lamentations 3:22-23)

"But the thoughts where I parked the longest were about Jesus, withdrawing from the crowds by Himself - alone. (As in John 6:15)  If Jesus (who left all his Deity and royalty behind to be totally human) needed time alone with the Father - how much more do I need that time?  I can do all kinds of good works, but if I do not take time to be in His presence, I do not have the strength or power to accomplish any good work"
 Times of refreshing come from the presence of the Lord (Acts 3:18-20)
He leads me beside quiet waters, He refreshes my soul.(Psalm 23:3)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...