8/17/11

10 Days of Gifts

I had the grand and glorious idea
to involve the family with my
One Thousand Gifts list while they were here
So I got a note book,
wrote on the front
and taped a pen to it - so it could travel

I envisioned us filling pages and pages with gifts and thanks,
and then the book going home with them
so they could continue listing forever.

It didn't quite catch on like I thought,
But here is a sampling of gifts listed in our book:

KISSIS
1st grade spelling and lotsa good kissis

RAIN
too much here - not enough there

GREEN ROLLING HILLS
not brown flat lands


SLOPPY JOES
I tried to call them slush burgers like the folks here
but the kids stuck with sloppy joes 

TREES
there's not so many in their part of Texas

BIG CARS
I was driving a full size (but not so big)
rental car (in the picture above) while mine was in the shop

FLOWERS
baby girl snapped away with my camera
in my back yard

NO MORE TRAINS
'nuff said?

SLEEPING IN
the morning we didn't

GROUP HUGS

My Gift?
This family God has so graciously lent to me



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...