2/24/11

Nets

I made this picture from the walkway on the
Morgan City flood wall. 
The walkway has a great view of the Atachafala River.
But I also got to eavesdrop on a couple pulling their nets from the shrimp boat to their pick-up.
As they were untangling the nets,
the boards on the dock kept snagging them.
They were having a terrible time. 
I couldn't help it - I thought about Jesus walking along the shores of the Sea of Galilee,
stopping to visit with Andrew and Simon (Peter). 
And then a little further down, James and John.
Did He watch them struggle with tangled nets? 
Did He eavesdrop on their conversation? 
Did He sympathize with their empty nets? 
 And what was it about Him that made them
drop their nets and go with Him? 
Had they heard about Him? 
 Had Andrew and Simon been longing for the
coming Messiah? 
Maybe they said,"If only He would come, we could stop fishing and be His servants."

Or were they the ones whose hearts were so fully entrusted to God that  "the eyes of the Lord had searched for and found"?  ("For the eyes of the Lord move to and fro throughout the earth that He may strongly support those whose heart is completely His." 2 Chronicles 16:9 )

Now for the hard question.
On a daily basis, am I willing to give up MY adjenda
and go with Jesus?
Not only is that a lifetime question,
 but a daily and moment by moment question. 

I'm not sure that Jesus requires each of us to physically
walk away from life as we know it to walk with Him -
or does He?

When I said to Him, "I'll go where you want me to go, and I'll do what you want me to do", He didn't have me leave my husband and children and head to Africa.  But I did leave behind some habits and fears and sins to begin being the woman only He could make me be. 

God is so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...