7/12/12

West Point Wedding


This past weekend we had the honor and privilege of
attending a wedding at West Point, New York.
We have known the groom's parents since before he was born
and celebrate not only his accomplishments,
his safe return from Afghanistan
but also his marriage.
The military wedding was a fairy tale,
a dream come true for a prince and princess,
and every bit as royal as anything in England.
Throughout the weekend I kept thinking of the wedding parables in the Bible:
Jesus first miracle at a wedding
John 2:1-10
Brides not being ready and missing the wedding
Matthew 25:1-13
The host who sent invitations to the wedding feast when no one came
Matthew 22:1-14

and The Ultimate Invitation
Revelation 22:17:
The Spirit and the Bride say,
"Come"

The pictures are just my snapshots (not great quality)
and it's my first attempt at a slide show in Picasa.
I'm just posting this for the friends that couldn't make it.
And yes, I know I'm not a wedding photographer!I'm writing this blog from Picasa, so I'm a little unsure about how it will work.
And the music?
David and Julie's granddaughter sang it at the reception.
Enjoy!

Click Here!











No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...