1/27/12

Holy Ground

There's one North Dakota custom that's coming home with me:
Removing boots and shoes at the door.
Of course here, it's because of the snow and mud.
But it certainly helps the housekeeper maintain a cleaner floor.
And people walking around in their sock feet
 just might be dusting the floor while they walk!

My first night at a women's Bible study,
I almost laughed (in delight)
at the 20 pairs of socked feet
in the living room of the gracious hostess.


Some socks represent three generations
and maybe three different churches.
Mama, daughter, and grand daughter-in-law
are all there.


There are fun socks,
plain socks,
and in between socks


and one pair of socks on feet that have walked 89 years.


If you know me, you know that I am a Bible Study Junkie
(I learned that term from my friend Debbie in Texas)
and this Bible study group is without a doubt,
the most quiet, respectful group I've ever been around.
They have a deep reverence for the Word of God.
And He is there.

Maybe like Moses,
we remove our shoes at Thursday night Bible study
because we are on
 holy ground

Take your sandals off your feet,
for the place where you stand is
holy ground.”
(Exodus 3:5)

We are standing on holy ground.

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...