12/31/10

Goodbye 2010

It's true.
 Life really is like a roll of toilet paper.
The closer you get to the end,
The faster it goes....

It just seems like yesterday I was training myself to write 2010
and now it's time to write 2011.

This has been one of the most interesting years of my life.
After a year without a job, Ted headed to North Dakota
for 6 months.  There we met wonderful folks, enjoyed peaceful places, and bought a house.  But before we ever moved in, he moved on to a job in Louisiana.

Here, we've enjoyed our favorite foods and warm weather,
while North Dakota folks are trudging through one of their worst winters ever. 

In 2010 I have been to Guatemala, New Mexico, North Dakota, Montana, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas and Louisiana.  I have always wanted to travel and see other places.  But the thing about living vs.vacationing, is that you get to know people, customs, and history of that place.  It's a different perspective than just passing through. 

This year, I've been privileged to go on a mission trip to Guatemala, a girlfriend trip to an Albuquerque conference,  and many wonderful places with my husband.  I have loved visiting different churches and Bible Studies.  I was a facilitator for a study in North Dakota, and a substitute Sunday School teacher in a Nazarene Church.  And I won fourth place in a chili cook-off in Alexander, ND!

This year is my last year in this decade, as I turn 60 in 2011.  I'm beginning to feel older - the body is just tired more often.  But it is still the best year of my life.  I pray the next 30 years are more of the same - only better.

Thank you, Jesus.

Goodbye 2010!

Hello 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...