7/19/10

The Week in Review

  • Monday - Did the laundry with the rest of Williston's oilfield employees and spent some internet time at the "Daily Addiction" - sure miss the Manhattan!
  • Tuesday - stayed "home" in Alexander.  The drive to Williston is 21.9 miles of 2 lane truck traffic and construction, so I avoid going there.  I paid bills, cleaned a little, painted the porch, walked to the post office, and cooked dinner.
  • Wednesday - went to the community ladies Bible Study at the Luthern Brethren Church.  The study was good and fun.  I had lunch at the courthouse diner with Ann (a transplanted Texan) and Edna (a newcomer from Fargo).  Then Ann took us to an antique store I hadn't discovered.  The owner, Jeanette, is phasing out of the business and gave us some great deals.  I'll be her regular.
  • Thrusday - I connected with a realtor and looked at some property for winter housing.  Apartment houses are leased by Halliburton, BJ, Basic, Nabors, etc. and have waiting lists of 50+ people.  So we are considering buying.  Small condos and two bedroom houses sell for over 100,000 and need work.  Houses are only on the market a few days and sell at or above the asking price. 
  • Friday - stayed in Alexander and did my bookkeeping.
  • Saturday - couldn't resist -went Garage Sale'n.  My questions were: Are you moving? Is your house sold or rented?  How much?  I found a small two story house at a garage sale that was built at the turn of the century.  Ted says $150,000 is too much for old wiring and plumbing.  I just saw potential cute...
  • Sunday - worshipped with New Hope Wesleyn Church.  Good music, inspiring message, and friendly people.  Then had a cook out with some of Ted's co-workers here in the RV park.  It was a good week.
  • Today - back to the laundry!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...