9/3/10

You're not from around here are you?

This weekend is Old Settler's Day in Alexander.  The Plains Gazette said "the wagon train leaves from the Anderson Vermeer building at 9:15 Friday. Bring a sack lunch."  I headed that direction this morning to see what was going on, but all I found was the trash crew.  When I inquired about the wagon train, they said, "You're not from around here are you?"  I said no, "I'm Renee Floyd from Texas."  "Oh, your the Floyd in the RV park.  There's a house for rent over that way.  It's the Lutheren parsonage.  The preacher got in some trouble, but I guess he won't move out 'til after the trial.  The wagon train starts at Anderson Ranch."  Oh, my.   Then I continued on my way, walking and praying for revival for the town.  I heard someone in front of a house say, "Where you from?  Aren't you the dumpster diving lady?"  There go my chances for winning the mayor's race!!  (FYI - the dumpster was in front of the musuem and I asked permission.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...