1/25/14

Happy Birthday Sweetie Pie!


Open Letter to my Sweetie Pie
Grandson...



Today is your birthday!
You are in Texas and I am in North Dakota
1200 long miles of road separate us.

I am so, so sad


that I can't be there.
Papa is sad to be missing the fun with you, too!


Have your mom give you a big hug from us.


Tell Dad to do something silly together today.


and have some fun with little sister!


Make today a homework free day.


Remember that you can climb every mountain


because you are stronger than you think.


Be the king for today


and when we get back to Texas,
we'll take you out to eat - 
you get to choose
(unless it's Chucky Cheese - which I
think you've outgrown).



And I will bring you a big lipsticky-icky
Nana Smooch.


Are you rolling your eyes at me?


Oh.  I forgot to tell you.
Your birthday gift probably won't make it there today.
It takes about 14 years for mail to go that far!
So....Celebrate all week!

Have a Happy Birthday!

Happy! Happy! Happy!

I love you more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...