12/22/12

Winter Wonderland


After a few days of fog and high humidity


The moisture on the trees yielded to the freezing temperatures
 

and turned our little North Dakota town into a wintry wonderland
 
 
It was three days of magic for this West Texas Cowgirl
 
 
The stillness and silence drew me into my fur lined boots
 

and out the door to get up close and personal with this new adventure
 

While my Southern friends were battling sandstorms 
and dodging tumble weeds,
I walked in the park
 

And I walked in the dark
 

Then a gentle breeze blew by
 

and gently sent the ice crystals to join their snow cousins on the ground
and just like that...
 
the magic was over.
 
What a wonderfilled experience for me.
 

"He is the one who sends snow like wool and scatters frost like ashes."
(Psalm 147:16)
 

 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...