3/3/11

Living Water

This morning I went to the Lake. 

Instead of praying in the chair or on the carpet -
I went to the lake. 
The slight breeze made gentle ripples on the water. 
 The lake reflected the rising sun as well as the swimming pool blue sky and cotton ball clouds. 
(Sometimes I laugh at myself when the sky reminds me of the  Ceasar's Palace ceiling in Las Vegas). 



What is it about water that draws me?
Nothing from my childhood.
I don't like to fish, swim, or boat.
What is it that keeps me coming back?

Water 
refreshing, nourishing, cleansing, renewing, reflecting

God created water
In fact, water is mentioned
8 times in the first 10 verses of Genesis 1. 

 God parted first the Red Sea and then the Jordan River so that His people could cross on dry land. 

 He poured water from a rock for them to drink. 

 He led David to quiet waters referred to in Psalm 23.

 John the Baptist baptized multitudes in water,
including Jesus. 

Jesus walked on water and invited Peter to join Him. 

He offered Living Water to the woman at the well. 

Water is important. 

When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. (Isaiah 43:2) 

So if the the Creator of the water can part the seas, ride the clouds like chariots, and give us Living Water - My conclusion is that nothing is impossible with Him. 
I really can cast all my cares on Him,
because He created me too.

  This is what the LORD says—
   he who made a way through the sea,
   a path through the mighty waters,
 who drew out the chariots and horses,
   the army and reinforcements together,
and they lay there, never to rise again,
   extinguished, snuffed out like a wick:
 “Forget the former things;
   do not dwell on the past.
 See, I am doing a new thing!
   Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?
I am making a way in the wilderness
   and streams in the wasteland.
 The wild animals honor me,
   the jackals and the owls,
because I provide water in the wilderness
   and streams in the wasteland,
to give drink to my people, my chosen,
  the people I formed for myself
   that they may proclaim my praise.
(Isaiah 43:16-21)

He provides water in the wilderness
- every kind of wilderness -
Living Water

“It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To the thirsty I will give water without cost from the spring of the water of life.
Wherever I am - whatever I am going through, 
The Living Water says,
"It is done".(Revelation 21:5-7)

Water calms and refreshes my soul.

The Living Water calms and refreshes my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...